Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rhode Island - Little Compton Day 2

Day 2: We woke up to a really amazing breakfast...the first day I had an omelette and really good danishes. The staff at Stonehouse was amazing and took really good care of us. While we were driving to R.I. they were constantly looking for golf course for the boys and booking the spa treatments for the girls. I got the Sea Mudd Purifying Envelopment, I thought it was ok. I originally wanted the Sea Luxe Healing Cocoon but they told me I couldn't have any wine 24hrs after wards (and I only drink one glass a night) and didn't want to risk it because I wasn't sure if we were going to a vineyard after wards or not.

By the time we were down with a full breakfast and the spa treatments it was already 3pm, so we went to lunch and then it got dark. Once it gets dark there is nothing to do around there...so we went back to the hotel. We met an employee there and asked if they had bonfires...i think they usually didn't have them this time of year, but they started a fire for us around 8pm. The thing was we didn't go to the fire right away, we had dinner reservations at the hotel restaurant's 1854. The food was ok and when we were almost finished with our meal, the staff brought us gram crackers, chocolate, marshmallows, and sticks for roasting marshmallows....s'mores time!!!! We ran out to the bonfire and were the only ones there...so we brought down the laptop (for music) and wine and enjoyed the rest of the night outside again.

That night I learned just how much my roommate liked to play with fire...just to be clear it wasn't dangerous or anything like that, it was more for photo-opts...see for yourself:


No comments:

Post a Comment